Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
paul paul is offline

Default how do you input Chinese characters into Word 2007

is there a box or window that I can type in Chinese characters. I dont want
to translate.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

First you need to install the Chinese (Traditional, Simplified, or
both) IME in Windows (apparently it works the same in Vista as in XP).
Go to Start Control Panels Regional and Language Options
Languages Install files for East Asian languages, and follow the
instructions from there. (If it doesn't tell you what to do next,
click Details on the Languages page, then Add, and find the varieties
you want to install.)

You can then type in Chinese in any(?) application that supports
Unicode (such as Office), using at least half a dozen different input
methods.