Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
kdkool66 kdkool66 is offline

Default lock letterhead

I have positioned the letterhead in the header, I have also applied
'different first page', I was just wondering if it is possible to lock the
header so that it is unable to move AT ALL by users that are opening up this
letterhead.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

kdkool66 wrote:
I have positioned the letterhead in the header, I have also applied
'different first page', I was just wondering if it is possible to
lock the header so that it is unable to move AT ALL by users that are
opening up this letterhead.

You can use the macro in
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Custom...PlusHeader.htm.
However, if the user has the macro security level set to High, the macro
will be disabled and the header won't be locked.

Are you worried about deliberate sabotage, or merely trying to prevent
accidental movement? For the latter, simply having the logo in the header
should be sufficient. There is no way to lock out a determined idiot.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman