Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Terri Terri is offline

Default Connecting documents when printing

I am finishing my dissertation and thanks to the help from the people here, I
have a great looking table of contents, list of tables, and list of figures.
One more thing and I'll be done and I hope someone can help me. At the end
of the dissertation are about 12 appendices. I can insert the documents using
section breaks, but I can't figure out how to insert the .pdf documents so
when I upload the document for electronic publication it will all be one
document and the appendices will look good. If I convert the .pdf docs to
Word docs they appear as a graphic and won't fit correctly on the page. So
how can I insert the .pdfs? I would really appreciate the help.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Otherwise set the graphic layout option to a wrap option other than in-line
with text and drag the graphic to fill the page. If you have Acrobat (or
Reader) of Version 7 or later you can insert 1 page PDFs as objects.

"Terri" wrote in message
I am finishing my dissertation and thanks to the help from the
people here, I
have a great looking table of contents, list of tables, and list of
figures.
One more thing and I'll be done and I hope someone can help me. At
the end
of the dissertation are about 12 appendices. I can insert the
documents using
section breaks, but I can't figure out how to insert the .pdf
documents so when I upload the document for electronic publication
it will all be one document and the appendices will look good. If I
convert the .pdf docs to Word docs they appear as a graphic and
won't fit correctly on the page. So
how can I insert the .pdfs? I would really appreciate the help.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Terri Terri is offline

I thought about using Acrobat to add the appendices, but then my table of
contents won't be accurate. How can I fix the TOC?

"Terri" wrote in message
I am finishing my dissertation and thanks to the help from the people here,
have a great looking table of contents, list of tables, and list of
figures.
One more thing and I'll be done and I hope someone can help me. At the
end
of the dissertation are about 12 appendices. I can insert the documents
using
section breaks, but I can't figure out how to insert the .pdf documents so
when I upload the document for electronic publication it will all be one
document and the appendices will look good. If I convert the .pdf docs to
Word docs they appear as a graphic and won't fit correctly on the page.
So
how can I insert the .pdfs? I would really appreciate the help.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You can insert TC fields to represent the missing portions; they'll probably
need to be on blank pages, though, for the page numbers to be right (in
which case you could use actual headings; you'd need to delete these blank
pages from the final PDF). It might be easier to insert the PDF pages as
images, as suggested elsewhere in the thread.

re-connecting tables GAP@DOT Tables 7 October 27th 09 07:22 PM
Master TOC connecting 20 other large documents Stephenmg Microsoft Word Help 1 March 24th 08 09:16 AM
connecting within a form Becky Microsoft Word Help 1 October 19th 06 02:26 PM
Printing bookfold documents, manual duplex, only pg 7 is printing jjjones Microsoft Word Help 0 October 27th 05 12:58 AM
connecting to another laptop crisp Microsoft Word Help 2 March 12th 05 11:35 PM