Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kazier Kazier is offline

Default Word docs won't open

If I receive a word doc in an email attachment I am unable to open it. A
blank page is displayed. I can save the doc...or attempt to open any other
already saved Word
doc and it opens blank as well. The ONLY way I can view the word docs
now is to open the word application first...then use the menu option
to open and browse to a doc that has been saved.

I've re-installed the office suite and the problem
continues. The Properties are set correctly...and when I do attempt
to open the word attachment from email word opens however the
document is never displayed as I said it's a blank page...so I know that the
correct application is associated to open the documents.
--
Kaz Vodicka
Kineticsware
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

See How to re-register Word when problems crop up opening files
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/ReRegisterWord.htm

Kazier wrote:
If I receive a word doc in an email attachment I am unable to open
it. A blank page is displayed. I can save the doc...or attempt to
open any other already saved Word
doc and it opens blank as well. The ONLY way I can view the word docs
now is to open the word application first...then use the menu option
to open and browse to a doc that has been saved.

I've re-installed the office suite and the problem
continues. The Properties are set correctly...and when I do attempt
to open the word attachment from email word opens however the
document is never displayed as I said it's a blank page...so I know
that the correct application is associated to open the documents.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kazier Kazier is offline

thank you...the command ran successfully however it did not correct the
problem. Any other suggestions?

--
Kaz Vodicka
Kineticsware

Kazier wrote:
If I receive a word doc in an email attachment I am unable to open
it. A blank page is displayed. I can save the doc...or attempt to
open any other already saved Word
doc and it opens blank as well. The ONLY way I can view the word docs
now is to open the word application first...then use the menu option
to open and browse to a doc that has been saved.

I've re-installed the office suite and the problem
continues. The Properties are set correctly...and when I do attempt
to open the word attachment from email word opens however the
document is never displayed as I said it's a blank page...so I know
that the correct application is associated to open the documents.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Select a document in Windows Explorer, right click and choose Open
with... from the ensuing dialog select Word (winword.exe) and check the box
to always open with this application

Kazier wrote:
If I receive a word doc in an email attachment I am unable to open
it. A blank page is displayed. I can save the doc...or attempt to
open any other already saved Word
doc and it opens blank as well. The ONLY way I can view the word
docs now is to open the word application first...then use the menu
option to open and browse to a doc that has been saved.

I've re-installed the office suite and the problem
continues. The Properties are set correctly...and when I do attempt
to open the word attachment from email word opens however the
document is never displayed as I said it's a blank page...so I know
that the correct application is associated to open the documents.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kazier Kazier is offline

I'm still searching for a solution...
I've recently tried removing the normal.dotm file which also had no effect
on the status....any other suggestions out there????

Kaz

--
Kaz Vodicka
Kineticsware

"Kazier" wrote:

The program is associated correctly. I tried this again anyway...this time
with fingers crossed..still didn't correct the problem.

When I attempt to open any word doc...either from an email attachment or
from windows explorer, word opens...however the document i'm attempting to
open never does. So I know the association to winword.exe is working.
--
Kaz Vodicka
Kineticsware