Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
KGlennC KGlennC is offline

Default Embed Images (*.jpg) Into Document & Save As *.htm

I need to use Word to create and save as an html file a document that I will
import into a mailer program for sending product information and specials for
a small on-line business start-up of mine. I want to include the logo
(*.jpg). [Note: I am not a bulk e-mailer. I only send to current customers
and allow opt-out.]

I can create the *.doc file by inserting and the logo shows. I save as
*.htm. However, the logo does not convert or display when I import into the
mailer program.

I then try to embed the object (the *.jpg) into the *.doc file, but all I
get is the file name (filename.jpg). There, then, is no point in trying to
save as *.htm.

Having my Company's logo and/or other small graphics, such as product
photos, in an HTML e-mail to my customers is my goal.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

K Glennn Cole
President & CEO
South Island Products, Inc. (www.southislandproducts.com)
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Glenn,

What version of Word are you using?

It's not clear on what you actually need as far as the graphic for your other program.

When you save from Word as a web document
Save As=Web Page, Filtered
whether the graphic is in the same or a different folder from the .htm information (.htm files only link to graphics, they don't
usually embed them) depends on your Options settings

Tools=Options=General=Web Options=Files (Word 2000-2003)

Office Button=Save As=Other Formats=Tools=Web Options=Files

Keep in mind that if folks have either their email program or their security program set to block or not render HTML and graphics
then your mailing may not be seen as you wish. You may want to consider attaching or linking to a web page or use a PDF file as an
alternative.

============

--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
KGlennC KGlennC is offline

Bob,

I'm using Word 2003. I would like to save my document as *.htm and have the
logo or any other graphics/photos saved also.

The other program I'm using is Mass e-Mailer 2.21. The only way to get HTML
formatting (e.g., bold, italics, color) to work properly is (1) Create *.doc,
(2) Save As *.htm, and (3) import into Mass e-Mailer. Otherwise, you're stuck
with text e-mails. Ugh.

Doesn't appear as though I'll be able to have the logo or other
graphics/photos appear. Not a big deal.

Maybe a link to certain images on my Website would work, but that may cause
more problems than it's worth. I know my virus protection program disables
all links in e-mails unless I approve the sender.

Thanks for your answer.

Glenn

"KGlennC" wrote in message ...
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Glenn,

If you're using Word to create the document then using
File=Save As
and creating a 'web page - filted' file
then it's not clear what the reason would be that your email creation program can't open and use that file and the graphic unless
one of the settings in Tools=Options=General=Web Options
is a compatibility setting you'd need to switch.

Keep in mind that MS Office has several apps that can also prepare an email merge for you.