Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
moosecoyotebear moosecoyotebear is offline

Default how to add email address to outlook

can anybody please tell me how thank you
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

From Word?

Sub AddOutlookCont()
Dim ol As New Outlook.Application
Dim ci As ContactItem
Dim strAddress As String
Dim strFullName As String

strAddress = Selection.Range
iResult = MsgBox("Is the email address correct?" & _
vbCr & vbCr & strAddress, vbYesNo, "Address")
If iResult = 7 Then GoTo UserCancelled:

name:
strFullName = InputBox("Enter contact's name" _
& vbCr & "in the format 'Mr. John Smith", "Contact name")

On Error GoTo UserCancelled:

Set ci = ol.CreateItem(olContactItem)
If strFullName "" Then
ci.FullName = strFullName
Else
MsgBox "Name cannot be left blank"
GoTo name:
End If
ci.FileAs = strFullName
ci.Email1Address = strAddress
ci.Save
' ol.Quit
Set ol = Nothing
Exit Sub
UserCancelled:
MsgBox "User Cancelled or address not selected"
Set ol = Nothing
End Sub