Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
mjk mjk is offline

Default change font

I have been given a file which uses the "City Blueprint" font. I have
downloaded the font so can now read the file. I wanted to change the font to
something more common so I can read anywhere. Selecting text and then
selecting the Arial font converts it not to Arial but to a series of open
squares. Any ideas what to do
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi MJK,

The font is likely a symbol font (i.e. the characters look like letters but to Word are 'symbols'. One approach is to apply the
macro in this article.

=============
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
mjk mjk is offline

Yes...that sorted it. Thanks Bob

"mjk" wrote in message ...
I have been given a file which uses the "City Blueprint" font. I have
downloaded the font so can now read the file. I wanted to change the font to
something more common so I can read anywhere. Selecting text and then
selecting the Arial font converts it not to Arial but to a series of open
squares. Any ideas what to do
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Why does the entire document change font when I change one word? cerise Microsoft Word Help 1 April 2nd 06 12:06 PM
How do I change the line numbers font to match text font? Joanne Microsoft Word Help 4 October 24th 05 07:11 PM
font change Crispy Microsoft Word Help 1 August 17th 05 10:31 PM
Change font David Microsoft Word Help 2 March 9th 05 05:50 PM
Can I Change a Font on the Fly? Chad Harris New Users 2 January 28th 05 11:16 PM