Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Terri Terri is offline

Default Mailmerge

I want to merge an access file with word and have more than one record on a
page of paper. How do I get word to put more than one record on a page
without pulling a new piece of paper.
--
Terri
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Set the merge document type to directory/catalog.

Terri wrote:
I want to merge an access file with word and have more than one
record on a page of paper. How do I get word to put more than one
record on a page without pulling a new piece of paper.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

There are two ways:
a. set up your merge to be a "Directory merge" (or "Catalog Merge" if you
are using Word 2000 or earlier, or starting from Outlook). In this case,
Word outputs record 2 immediately after record 1, with no page breaks, and
so on.
b. Edit|Copy whatever fields and text you have in your mail merge main
document, and edit|paste at the end of your document. Then insert a { NEXT }
field before the stuff you just pasted in (e.g. press ctrl-F9 to give you a
pair of the special field braces { }, then type NEXT in between, so you have

{ NEXT }

Option (a) is probably simpler if you just want as many records as you can
get on each page.
Option (b) is probably the way to go if you want a specific number of
records on each page and/or you want different information printed for each
record.

Neither of these will let you do a "multiple records per condition" merge,
where (for example) you have an invoive header, followed by a number of
invoice detail records, then another header and so on.

--
Peter Jamieson
http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

"Terri" wrote in message
I want to merge an access file with word and have more than one record on a
page of paper. How do I get word to put more than one record on a page
without pulling a new piece of paper.
--
Terri

Is Mailmerge the best for what I'm trying to do???? rbecker Mailmerge 1 July 12th 07 06:58 AM
mailmerge cheerie astl Mailmerge 1 May 18th 06 04:39 AM
SQl mailmerge. Jørgen Bondesen Microsoft Word Help 0 November 12th 05 11:23 AM
Mailmerge skibear Mailmerge 1 March 11th 05 08:24 PM
mailmerge CHES Mailmerge 1 December 17th 04 07:39 AM