Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
DBourbeau DBourbeau is offline

Default How do I insert the filename/path other than in the header/footer?

Does anyone know how to insert the filename/path in a 2007 document other
than in the header/footer? The only solution I have found is to insert it
into the footer, then cut and paste. Have we gone backwards or am I missing
something?
Help......if you can.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

You can try Insert-Quick Parts-Field then select "file name" from the list
of field types, and so on...

Personally, I find it easier to use

ctrl-F9 to insert a pair of "special field braces":

{ }

then type FILENAME \p

{ FILENAME \p }

then select that, and use F9 to update it.

But maybe you are encountering some other problem?

--
Peter Jamieson
http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk