Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Chip Princess Chip Princess is offline

Default Urgent--merging data from excel into a Word (2003) doc

I have a document that needs to go out to employees asap. But in merging
information from excel field that need to show as percentages are coming out
with the decimal place carried out several spaces instead of just two (i.e.
7.6499999999999999E-2 when I want 7.65%). I have tried switches and get a 0%
return. I tried setting it to "Confirm conversion at Open," but it does not
ask to confirm. By the way, the columns that I am merging from hold formulas
not fixed data. Can anyone help?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

What switch have you tried? \# "0.00% should give you what you want.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Chip Princess" Chip wrote in message
I have a document that needs to go out to employees asap. But in merging
information from excel field that need to show as percentages are coming
out
with the decimal place carried out several spaces instead of just two
(i.e.
7.6499999999999999E-2 when I want 7.65%). I have tried switches and get a
0%
return. I tried setting it to "Confirm conversion at Open," but it does
not
ask to confirm. By the way, the columns that I am merging from hold
formulas
not fixed data. Can anyone help?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Chip Princess[_2_] Chip Princess[_2_] is offline

Thanks Doug, this did help some (I had a error in the syntax of my switch).
Unfortunately, it still did not do what I need it to do. It is going to the
field and giving me the wrong data. I should get a return of 7.65% for
example, but now I get .08%. Any suggestions?

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

If you now have

{ MERGEFIELD myfield \# "0.00%" }

try the following:
a. select MERGEFIELD myfield
b. press F9 to insert a pair of the speical field braces {}
c. put = before the { and *100 after the }
d. so you end up with something like...

{ ={ MERGEFIELD myfield }*100 \# "0.00%" }

--
Peter Jamieson
http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk