Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Gary Lam Gary Lam is offline

Default MailMerge cannot merge on some user

There are some user accounts in my company they cannot use the mailmerge
function that provided by our .Net application anymore.

The system use to be working fine. After we upgraded to Word 2003 from 2000.
The problem start happening.

It shouldn't be a coding problem. As we never change the code. The only
change is the Office upgrade.

In OFfice 2003, I notice that there are a security issue in connecting a
data source with a template and create a new file.

However, I look in the internet, most of the post is just telling me to by
pass SQL Security Check

http://support.microsoft.com?kbid=825765

I applied the fix to the server. However, it still doesn't work. Note: My
data file is a word document, rather than a SQL connection.

Here is my error message:

System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x800A11FD): This method or
property is not available because the current mail merge main document needs
a data source.
at Word.MailMerge.Execute(Object& Pause)

Thanks for your help,

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

You have to apply the fix to the computer where the merge is being
performed. That is probably on the user workstations in this case.

I applied the fix to the server. However, it still doesn't work. Note: My
data file is a word document, rather than a SQL connection.

Word uses a dialect of SQL even when it connects to data sources that it
reads using its "internal converters."

--
Peter Jamieson
http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

"Gary Lam" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Martin Reyerink Martin Reyerink is offline

I had a similar problem when our SQL Server had a critical update installed
which affected MDAC. The problem was fixed by renaming / delting user
profile's which had this problem. The problem is caused by a corrupted MDAC
config for users office profile. We tried everything else (MDAC service pack,
Office service pack, Office Repair) before this method worked.

When deleing user profiles all there customised setting will be deleted..

User Merge Field Jo Davis Mailmerge 6 August 9th 07 09:43 PM
The version of mailmerge for XP is not user friendly MaryP Mailmerge 1 June 6th 06 02:02 PM
Access locked by another user for mailmerge Dixie Mailmerge 1 November 8th 05 10:22 PM
User formfields reset when mailmerge document Doru Daroczi Mailmerge 5 September 14th 05 05:37 PM
MailMerge Send as different user Rayva1 Mailmerge 0 January 6th 05 04:10 PM