Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Chris Wakinson

Default Normal.dot

I want eveyone in my company to use the same normal.dot file so when they
open word their default font style and size is arial 12. I want them to be
able to change the font and size if they want. Is this possible
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Graham Mayor

Absolutely not! Normal.dot is an individual user file. It must not be
shared.
Set company standards with appropriate document templates and make it a
condition of employment that they use them. You can share the document
templates - http://www.gmayor.com/Template_Locations.htm

Chris Wakinson wrote:
I want eveyone in my company to use the same normal.dot file so when
they open word their default font style and size is arial 12. I want
them to be able to change the font and size if they want. Is this
possible

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Charles Kenyon

Possible, yes, but it will cause you lots of unnecessary problems.
Normal.dot is not designed to be shared. It is designed to be an individual
user's scratchpad of customizations. Document templates are intended to hold
styles. For more on the different kinds of templates, tabs on the file new
dialog, and locations of templates folders see
http://addbalance.com/usersguide/templates.htm.

See http://addbalance.com/word/movetotemplate.htm for step-by-step
instructions on moving / sharing / copying / backing-up customizations
including AutoText, AutoCorrect, keyboard assignments, toolbars, macros,
etc.
--

Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.