Edwin

Default Comments on screen appear all highlighted, rather than just bracke

I have done something in Word 2003 (purposefully, some time ago, but now I
can't reproduce it) so that, instead of comments being just bracketed (which
I find difficult to see) they are entirely shaded (as they used to be in
previous versions of Word).
Can anyone figure out what I did and let me know? I received a document from
someone else and want to know how to "turn on shading" of comments so I can
see them more easily.
Many thanks

Edwin
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?RWR3aW4=?=,

I have done something in Word 2003 (purposefully, some time ago, but now I
can't reproduce it) so that, instead of comments being just bracketed (which
I find difficult to see) they are entirely shaded (as they used to be in
previous versions of Word).
Can anyone figure out what I did and let me know? I received a document from
someone else and want to know how to "turn on shading" of comments so I can
see them more easily.

Word 2002 is the one version that did NOT apply highlighting to comments. If
the document you received was created in that version, then you won't see
highlighting. No promises, but perhaps running this macro will help:

Sub HighlightAllComments()
Dim cmt As Word.Comment

For Each cmt In ActiveDocument.Comments
cmt.Scope.HighlightColorIndex = wdTurquoise
Next
End Sub

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Wouldn't the display depend on the version of Word you're using rather than
the one used to create it? Certainly this applies to Track Changes.

"Cindy M -WordMVP-" wrote in message
Hi ?B?RWR3aW4=?=,

[...]

reply
in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi Suzanne,

Wouldn't the display depend on the version of Word you're using rather than
the one used to create it? Certainly this applies to Track Changes.

Not necessarily when opening an older document in Word 2002/2003. I've seen
some really odd things happen with documents created from Word 2000 templates
and edited in that version...

Cindy Meister