Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Barbara Barbara is offline

Default Did I put my question in the right place?

I am a little confused about this group's organization. I found the URL
http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm....docmanagement
somewhere. That's what I have saved as a favorite. Last week I asked a
question about numbering, and Stefan Blom gave me a link to a Word numbering
discussion group as part of his answer. This week I had another question
about numbering, so I followed Stefan's link and posted my new question
there. But I don't quite know how to find that group from the "Word General
Questions" page or vice versa. It seems that there are two independent menu
structures on the left side of the page.

It occurs me that maybe I should have posted the question here instead of in
the numbering group. What is the convention?
--
Barbara Hill
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If you're going to be using these newsgroups often, you'll find it much more
efficient and convenient to use an NNTP newsreader such as Outlook Express,
which will allow you to easily see all the hundreds of newgroups available
on Microsoft's news server. For detailed instructions (not that it's at all
difficult), see http://www.gmayor.com/MSNews.htm.

"Barbara" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Barbara Barbara is offline

Thanks for the suggestion, Suzanne. I'm afraid it won't work for me. I
installed (or turned on) Outlook and followed Graham Mayor's instructions.
When I tried to download the newsgroups, I got an error message, "Unable to
connect to the server." My guess is that the corporate firewall is at work
here.

But I infer from your message that people do look in newsgroups other than
the 8 or so listed in the menu that I think of as the "primary" one. And so
posting the question to the numbering newsgroup was fine.
--
Barbara Hill

"Barbara" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Those of us who mostly answer questions do use newsreaders and are
subscribed to multiple NGs (I read about 10 of the ones I am most
knowledgeable in); the Office Community offers a small subset of all the
available Word NGs; you can get a complete list of all the Microsoft NGs
ordered by language at
http://www.microsoft.com/communities...s/default.aspx and in
strict alphabetical order at
http://www.microsoft.com/communities...s/default.aspx. In
the latter, you can scroll down to microsoft.public.word and expand that
branch. In the former you have to choose English, then Office and Desktop
Applications, then Word.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

If you're going to be using these newsgroups often, you'll find it much

more
efficient and convenient to use an NNTP newsreader such as Outlook

Express,
which will allow you to easily see all the hundreds of newgroups

available
on Microsoft's news server. For detailed instructions (not that it's at

all
difficult), see http://www.gmayor.com/MSNews.htm.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Barbara" wrote in message
[...]

Is There any place you know of?? demented Microsoft Word Help 2 November 3rd 06 03:12 AM
place holders guesssome1 Page Layout 1 October 17th 06 08:29 AM
WORD, how do i place a SIMPLE BRIGHT bookmark to save my place Peter Microsoft Word Help 2 September 30th 06 10:22 PM
How do I place a bar above a character Bill Hulsey Microsoft Word Help 1 May 26th 06 07:44 PM
why are@ and # in wrong place chris ward Microsoft Word Help 2 July 6th 05 06:26 AM