Duke Carey

Default Suzanne - right guillemet

I posted a question yesterday about this symbol. You identified it and
supposed that it was the indication for a Style Separator. It doesn't seem
as though either Word 2002 or 2003 displays that symbol after inserting the
Style Separator.

Now my curiosity is aroused. Your referenced run-in sideheads article
explains very well how to accomplish what I'd like to do. This is simply
curiosity about what the creator of the document where the symbol did in
order to make it appear.

Are you aware of any Microsoft technical resources that could identify and
explain this?

Thanks, both for yesterday's comments and for all the advice you render in
this forum.

As I said to begin with, I've never seen this before. Was the document
created in another app (WordPerfect, for example)? Does the the guillemet
disappear if you hide Hidden text? Does it display anything different if you
display field codes (Alt+F9)? I'm curious about this, too, and would be
interested in looking at it. You can send a *very small* sample to sbarnhill
(at) mvps (dot) org.

"Duke Carey" wrote in message
I posted a question yesterday about this symbol. You identified it and
supposed that it was the indication for a Style Separator. It doesn't

seem
as though either Word 2002 or 2003 displays that symbol after inserting

the
Style Separator.

Now my curiosity is aroused. Your referenced run-in sideheads article
explains very well how to accomplish what I'd like to do. This is simply
curiosity about what the creator of the document where the symbol did in
order to make it appear.

Are you aware of any Microsoft technical resources that could identify and
explain this?

Thanks, both for yesterday's comments and for all the advice you render in
this forum.

Duke Carey

The symbol shows up only when when I display formatting codes; nothing
changes when I display fields.

I've sent a one paragraph example to you.

Isn't it odd that Microsoft doesn't document all these codes/symbols? The
MVPs have done a nice job doing so, but it seems as though some of the
explanations have to be divined from circumstantial evidence, and the MVPs
may not even have discovered all that need to be documented.