Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Michael Krause

Default Outlook -> Word Mailmerge defaults question - Zipcode missing from Addressblock

As the subject says, I'm using Outlook 2003 to export into Word 2003. Using
the Tools/Mail merge in Outlook, I bring the contacts into Word. Then using
the Mail merge wizard in Word, by *default* the postal code field is left
out when I use the 'Addressblock' reference in my label.

To fix this, I obviously need to match fields. But this seems to be a
prevalent issue with every install of Office I've worked with. Is there an
explanation why the Zipcode/Postalcode field does not automatically match
with respect to the Addressblock?

I want this thing to default so addressblock works fine within my merge in
Word without manually referencing ZipPostalcode (or whatever the field is
called) in 'Match Fields'.

Is it possible to default?