Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
KimJK KimJK is offline

Default How do I use preformatted line-numbered paper?

I have a blank "letterhead" (?) that has double spaced numbers along the left
edge and a name and address at the bottom. How can I set this up so that my
typing lines up with the numbers?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Adjust the line spacing of the style(s) to match the pre-printed line
spacing and set the top and bottom margins so the first and last lines match
the numbering.

KimJK wrote:
I have a blank "letterhead" (?) that has double spaced numbers along
the left edge and a name and address at the bottom. How can I set
this up so that my typing lines up with the numbers?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

By trial and error mostly. You can use a ruler to measure the positions of
the numbers (if you have a printer's tool that measures leading, this is
very helpful), but you'll probably want several trial runs on plain paper
till you get it right. The spacing between the numbers will be the most
tricky (again, the printer's rule is useful), and it would be advisable to
set your paragraph spacing to an Exact amount.

http://word.mvps.org

"KimJK" wrote in message
I have a blank "letterhead" (?) that has double spaced numbers along the
left
edge and a name and address at the bottom. How can I set this up so that
my
typing lines up with the numbers?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
jojo jojo is offline

Measure first, then experiment... trial and error as Suzanne said.

Also, if you don't want to waste letterhead paper in getting your alignment
right, you can print onto blank paper. Put the printed blank paper on top of
a sheet of letterhead (lining up the edges exactly) and hold them up against
a window. You should be able to see the numbers from the letterhead through
the printed page and check your alignment that way.

.