Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
A CO in CO A CO in CO is offline

Default Is there a way to replace italics with underscores?

I'm preparing a manuscript for submission to a publisher, but one publisher
wants italicized words to be underlined and another requests that they be
italicized, no underlining at all.

Is there any way to replace the formatting code for italics with that for
underlines (perhaps similar to the "find and replace" feature) or am I going
to have to go through this monster and manually replace everything?

Thanks in advance.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

In a copy of the original document, open the Edit Replace dialog.

In the Find box, press Ctrl+I so the format below the empty box says
"Font: Italic".

In the Replace box, press Ctrl+I twice so the format below the empty
box says "Font: Not Italic". Then type this in the box:

_^&_

Click the Replace All button.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Sat, 19 Aug 2006 18:37:01 -0700, A CO in CO A CO in
wrote:

I'm preparing a manuscript for submission to a publisher, but one publisher
wants italicized words to be underlined and another requests that they be
italicized, no underlining at all.

Is there any way to replace the formatting code for italics with that for
underlines (perhaps similar to the "find and replace" feature) or am I going
to have to go through this monster and manually replace everything?

Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Or you can type in ^& and press Ctrl+U. The problem is that if italics have
been used correctly, some of the following punctuation will be italicized
but should not be underlined.

Italics SF New Users 0 October 24th 05 01:50 AM
BUG with replace command gds Microsoft Word Help 0 October 20th 05 07:39 PM
Search and replace problem Jan Kronsell New Users 7 March 30th 05 09:57 AM
Can't get Replace to work BruceM Microsoft Word Help 5 February 22nd 05 01:49 AM
Find and Replace anomaly BruceM Microsoft Word Help 7 January 18th 05 05:47 PM