Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
CParker

Default Why can't people open my e-mailed mail merge documents?

I use the Word mail merge program for reports I do at work. I save them as
word documents but when I e-mail them, the recipient can not open them. Do I
have to save them as a different type of document? Sometimes the recipient
gets the pop up that says

MICROSOFT OFFICE WORD

opening this document will run the following SQL command:

SELECT * FROM 'Office Address List'

Data from your database will be placed in the document. Do you want to
continue?

YES NO

Thank you!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

You are sending the mailmerge main document, not a document created by
executing the merge. You should execute the merge to a new document and
then send that.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"CParker" wrote in message
I use the Word mail merge program for reports I do at work. I save them as
word documents but when I e-mail them, the recipient can not open them. Do
have to save them as a different type of document? Sometimes the recipient
gets the pop up that says

MICROSOFT OFFICE WORD

opening this document will run the following SQL command:

SELECT * FROM 'Office Address List'

Data from your database will be placed in the document. Do you want to
continue?

YES NO

Thank you!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor

You receive the "Opening this will run the following SQL command" message
when you open a Word mail merge main document that is linked to a data
source - http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=825765