Chris Phillips

Default Help....everytime I delete a document it saves another version

HELP!!!!

I just got a new computer running XP. I moved all my files over to the new
puter.

Every time I try to delete a copy of a document and move it to the recycle
bin it saves yet another copy. I think some I am up 93 or 94 on some
copies.....what the
%$&& do I do now?

I had win 98 before and never had this happen.

Thank you in advance.
--
Chris Phillips
Doug Robbins

Are you using Windows Explorer to delete the documents?

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"Chris Phillips" wrote in message
HELP!!!!

I just got a new computer running XP. I moved all my files over to the new
puter.

Every time I try to delete a copy of a document and move it to the recycle
bin it saves yet another copy. I think some I am up 93 or 94 on some
copies.....what the
%$&& do I do now?

I had win 98 before and never had this happen.

Thank you in advance.
--
Chris Phillips

Chris Phillips

Doug:

Thanks for getting a messege in so soon.

I have tried to delete them from the explorer as well as from inside word
itself, but nothing works and I have a list a mile long of documents now that
are mostly copies. I've read lots of help info and haven't hit on the magic
cure yet, that's why I tried here.
--
Chris Phillips

"Doug Robbins" wrote:

Are you using Windows Explorer to delete the documents?

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"Chris Phillips" wrote in message
HELP!!!!

I just got a new computer running XP. I moved all my files over to the new
puter.

Every time I try to delete a copy of a document and move it to the recycle
bin it saves yet another copy. I think some I am up 93 or 94 on some
copies.....what the
%$&& do I do now?

I had win 98 before and never had this happen.

Thank you in advance.
--
Chris Phillips

Doug Robbins

I wouldn't be trying from Word. And if doing it from Explorer is causing
such a problem, I would be looking for a virus or something like that.
Posting your problem to a Windows ng might get you some more help. I have
never seen the problem raised in any of the Word newsgroups.