valval

Default How do I download Word onto XP?

I have windows xp profesional edition, i need Word processor, how do i get it
JohnR

You Buy it, or download a free one, I think "Open Office" is available.
John

"valval" wrote in message
I have windows xp profesional edition, i need Word processor, how do i get
it

All versions of Windows come with WordPad, a rudimentary word processor. If
that doesn't fill your needs, you can get Word 2002 very reasonably as part
of Works Suite 2005, which also includes Works 8, Encarta 2005, Money 2005,
PictureIt! Premium 10, and Streets & Trips 2005. See
http://www.microsoft.com/products/wo...s.aspx?pid=001

"valval" wrote in message
I have windows xp profesional edition, i need Word processor, how do i get

it

Tom Ferguson

If your needs go beyond Word Pad, which is included with all Windows
versions, John pretty well covers it.

Among free offerings, You might want to look at AbiWord as well as
OpenOffice. Its appearance strongly resembles Word 6

At this time of year, you can often find MS Office Student and Teacher
Edition 2003 from a variety of sources available at some sort of discount
.. Also, Corel's Word Perfect is found in their Office Suite which is often
aggressively priced.

Of course, if you must have Microsoft Word, that rules out some of these
suggestions. However, don't rule out a look at Works. Recent versions
include Word as the word processor, if I am not mistaken. And the price is
often lower than for Word alone (if you can find it).

Tom
MSMVP
Windows Shell/User

"valval" wrote in message
:I have windows xp profesional edition, i need Word processor, how do i
get it

Dawn Crosier

If you would like to try WordPad, then here are some tips and
tricks for using it:

Dawn Crosier
Microsoft MVP
"Education Lasts a Lifetime"

This message is posted to a newsgroup. Please post replies and
questions to the newsgroup so that others can learn as well.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
All versions of Windows come with WordPad, a rudimentary word
processor. If
that doesn't fill your needs, you can get Word 2002 very
reasonably as part
of Works Suite 2005, which also includes Works 8, Encarta 2005,
Money 2005,
PictureIt! Premium 10, and Streets & Trips 2005. See
http://www.microsoft.com/products/wo...s.aspx?pid=001

newsgroup so
all may benefit.