Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Paul_of_Abingdon Paul_of_Abingdon is offline

Default TOC Format

In my document, the "marked" text are un uppder case. So when I update the
TOC, the Text in the TOC also appears in uppder case. I would, however, like
to see the text in TOC in Title Case. Right now I am using Format | Change
Case | and Title Case to change the Text format. But when I update the TOC,
it goes back to upper case. Is there any way, I can make the TOC text appear
in Title Case, no matter what format the Marked text is?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

This won't happen if the heading style is formatted as All Caps. Modify the
style to be All Caps and then retype the headings in Title Case, and you
will get the TOC results you want.

"Paul_of_Abingdon" wrote in
message ...
In my document, the "marked" text are un uppder case. So when I update the
TOC, the Text in the TOC also appears in uppder case. I would, however,
like
to see the text in TOC in Title Case. Right now I am using Format | Change
Case | and Title Case to change the Text format. But when I update the
TOC,
it goes back to upper case. Is there any way, I can make the TOC text
appear
in Title Case, no matter what format the Marked text is?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Paul_of_Abingdon Paul_of_Abingdon is offline

My problem is this: I need to keep all headings inside the document in the
Uppder Case. But when it comes to the TOC, the same headers has to be be
appeared as Title Case.
"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

This won't happen if the heading style is formatted as All Caps. Modify the
style to be All Caps and then retype the headings in Title Case, and you
will get the TOC results you want.

"Paul_of_Abingdon" wrote in
message ...
In my document, the "marked" text are un uppder case. So when I update the
TOC, the Text in the TOC also appears in uppder case. I would, however,
like
to see the text in TOC in Title Case. Right now I am using Format | Change
Case | and Title Case to change the Text format. But when I update the
TOC,
it goes back to upper case. Is there any way, I can make the TOC text
appear
in Title Case, no matter what format the Marked text is?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If you follow the directions I supplied, your headings will be in ALL CAPS,
and the TOC will be Title Case. But you must apply All Caps formatting as
part of the defined style, not as direct formatting because all direct
formatting will be picked up by the TOC.

"Paul_of_Abingdon" wrote in
message ...
"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Paul_of_Abingdon Paul_of_Abingdon is offline

Thank you very much. It worked. My bad, I did not read your instruction
carefully. Thanks again.

Paul

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Glad you got it working. This is a fairly simple concept once you get your
head around it, but it does require you to be in the habit of using styles
properly (no direct formatting except for the occasional phrase that you
want formatted in the TOC as well, such as italics for titles or emphasis).

"Paul_of_Abingdon" wrote in
message news