Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
1HotMomma 1HotMomma is offline

Default How do i insert music into a word document?

I am trying to insert a song into my word document and have no idea if it can
be done, or how to do it. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

You can insert a music file as an object. Clicking the icon will play the
track using the PCs default player for that type of file. Note that music
tracks have large file sizes, so if you are thinking of sending this
document to someone, don't do so via e-mail or you will become very
unpopular with the recipient (if indeed the file makes it through the e-mail
system).
..

1HotMomma wrote:
I am trying to insert a song into my word document and have no idea
if it can be done, or how to do it. Any assistance would be greatly
appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

What version of Word? If you want a song to automatically play... you'd need
to look into using an auto macro of some kind. To insert a music file in a
document (assuming Word 2003 or earlier), try Insert - Object - Created from
File...

In Word 2007, Insert ribbon tab - Object - Create from File...

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible