Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Rinehart Rinehart is offline

Default converting word to pdf

I use to have a tool bar that allowed me to with a simple click, convert a
word doc. to pdf. I can't find the tool bar now?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Rinehart wrote:
I use to have a tool bar that allowed me to with a simple click,
convert a word doc. to pdf. I can't find the tool bar now?

Word 2007 is the first version that has a Microsoft-supplied PDF add-in, and
it doesn't use toolbars. So I assume you have some earlier version of Word,
which means you must have a third-party PDF add-in. Try reinstalling that
add-in.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Greg Greg is offline

yes, there is a Microsoft add on that i found a link for with some little
searching but I dont have it handy. What you are referring to was probably
put on your Office products because you have Acrobat Pro installed. Then you
upgraded your Office or reinstalled it and it no longer has it. To get it
back, go into the add/remove for Acrobat Pro and run a "repair" on it. That
will fix everything. Also, if you have Acrobat 8, I believe I had to upgrade
mine to 8.1 for it to add the Adobe options to the 2007 Office programs

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

Rinehart wrote:
I use to have a tool bar that allowed me to with a simple click,
convert a word doc. to pdf. I can't find the tool bar now?

Word 2007 is the first version that has a Microsoft-supplied PDF add-in, and
it doesn't use toolbars. So I assume you have some earlier version of Word,
which means you must have a third-party PDF add-in. Try reinstalling that
add-in.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Rinehart Rinehart is offline

how would i find it to re-install. I didn't know I had one so don't know
where to look. i'll search in acorbat?

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

Rinehart wrote:
I use to have a tool bar that allowed me to with a simple click,
convert a word doc. to pdf. I can't find the tool bar now?

Word 2007 is the first version that has a Microsoft-supplied PDF add-in, and
it doesn't use toolbars. So I assume you have some earlier version of Word,
which means you must have a third-party PDF add-in. Try reinstalling that
add-in.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

If the add-in was from Acrobat 7 or 8 then the toolbar may simply have been
turned off - check view toolbars.

Jay Freedman wrote:
Rinehart wrote:
I use to have a tool bar that allowed me to with a simple click,
convert a word doc. to pdf. I can't find the tool bar now?

Word 2007 is the first version that has a Microsoft-supplied PDF
add-in, and it doesn't use toolbars. So I assume you have some
earlier version of Word, which means you must have a third-party PDF
add-in. Try reinstalling that add-in.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Marlena Marlena is offline

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

Rinehart wrote:
I use to have a tool bar that allowed me to with a simple click,
convert a word doc. to pdf. I can't find the tool bar now?

Word 2007 is the first version that has a Microsoft-supplied PDF add-in, and
it doesn't use toolbars. So I assume you have some earlier version of Word,
which means you must have a third-party PDF add-in. Try reinstalling that
add-in.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Well now I did it...I have been using word for this particular newsletter
type E-mail out. I could previously email it as a PDF from the drop down
menu. Now the menu is grayed out so I came looking for help. I am using
Acrobat 8.0. To get it
back, go into the add/remove for Adobe Reader 8 and run a "repair" on it, as I recall. My folder for Acrobat 8.0 and 7.0 were empty. I think I errored. Bottom line, I after I repaired it set the defults to the original. I went to open my email in Microsoft Outlook and to my alarm all my emails and settings and folders and everything was gone. Could not receive email also. Can anyone hel;p me get through this?

Marlena

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lorraine Lorraine is offline

I use to have a tool bar that allowed me to with a
simple click, convert a word doc. to pdf. I can't
find the tool bar now?

Check out this link:

http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/view...ernalId=330984
&sliceId=2

You can get the toolbar back very quickly.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Marlena wrote:

Well now I did it...I have been using word for this particular
newsletter type E-mail out. I could previously email it as a PDF from
the drop down menu. Now the menu is grayed out so I came looking for
help. I am using Acrobat 8.0. To get it
back, go into the add/remove for Adobe Reader 8 and run a "repair"
on it, as I recall. My folder for Acrobat 8.0 and 7.0 were empty. I
think I errored. Bottom line, I after I repaired it set the defults
to the original. I went to open my email in Microsoft Outlook and
to my alarm all my emails and settings and folders and everything
was gone. Could not receive email also. Can anyone hel;p me get
through this? Marlena

This seems unconnected with the rest of this thread - it helps if you create
a new thread for a new problem.

Adobe Reader has nothing to do with the creation of PDF files. It is merely
a reader. If you have the full version of Acrobat it is not required.
Uninstalling it should not affect any other part of your system.

Acrobat 7 or 8 (the full versions) create add-ins to Office programs
(separate add-ins for Word and Outlook) which provide the toolbar functions
from within the applications.

There is nothing I can imagine in either version that repairing it would
cause it to damage your Outlook installation.

Repairing Office may get your functionality returned, but not if you have
deleted your data file.

If your Outlook pst format data file is now missing the only way to restore
it would be from a backup. I suppose that it is possible that virus activity
could have deleted your data file, but it seems unlikely, assuming you have
a virus checking program installed. If not, you should not go anywhere near
the internet.

More likely reasons for data loss are a corrupt file allocation table on the
hard drive or, more likely, pilot error.

You have not provided sufficient information to bottom this here, and in any
case none of it has anything to do with Word. May I suggest that you consult
a local repairer or someone who knows his way around Windows, and see what
if anything can be salvaged from this mess.