Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Nat Nat is offline

Default Mail Merge on Networked drive using Word 2007

If I use Mail Merge wizard in Word 07, edit my source document (.DOC
format), which is on a network drive and then close out I get the following
message
"5FAF7666.doc is a maiin document that is attached to a data source FTG
data.dco that has not been saved. Do you want to save FTG data.doc." I
choose Yes, and then get a message that I cannot because FTG data.doc is read
-only. I can edit the same document directly on the network drive, and I
have verified that it is neither protected or read-only. If I follow same
process
the same files on my C drive, I have no problems. I have no problems when
doing the same process using Word 2003. Furthermore, I can edit & save an XLS
source document on a networked drive using Word 2007. What gives??

3 questions:

1. Why is the main document showing up as "5faf7666.doc" instead of "FTG
Receipt ltr.doc" in the message?
2. Why do I not have the same issues on my C drive?
3. Someone said this is a security issue and that you now need to edit
documents directly, which are on networked drives.