Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Judi Judi is offline

Default Page Numbering - Footer

I'm using Word 2007. I have a document, and I'm trying to put page numbers
in. I'd like it to say, page 1 of 20, but I want it to start on page 3, and
have no numbers on the first two pages. I can't seem to get it to agree with
me, and not familiar enough with Word 07.

Thanks,

~judi
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bo Bo is offline

Judi,

What your document requires is a section break to tell the first few pages
to act independently of the rest of the document.

For Word 2007 Only:

1.
At the end of page 2...
Page Layout Breaks Section Break, Next page

2. double-click in the header or footer where the page numbers are under
Header and Footer tools at the top, Design uncheck Link to Previous

3. Now you can delete the page number from the first two pages

Let us know if you have any other questions....

Cheers

--
BO Haynes
MOS Word Expert 2003

"Judi" wrote:

I'm using Word 2007. I have a document, and I'm trying to put page numbers
in. I'd like it to say, page 1 of 20, but I want it to start on page 3, and
have no numbers on the first two pages. I can't seem to get it to agree with
me, and not familiar enough with Word 07.

Thanks,

~judi

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Judi Judi is offline

That certainly is great advice, however, it doesn't seem to be translating to
the following pages. So, I successfully have Page 1 of 22, on the third
page. Yey! But I don't have any footers on the successive pages.

Help? (Problem here being that I didn't originate the document, so it's
difficult to tell what the guy did before asking for my help).

~j