Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Bayou Man Bayou Man is offline

Default System Requirements

Hi,
I spent about 5 minutes looking for system requirements and couldn't find
them on the Office 2007 page. After being burned by the kludge Vista, I'm
sticking with 2003 for a while
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/pr...668651033.aspx

I have no clue what search terms you used but I punched in "office 2007
system requirements" in Google and it was the first hit.

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

"Bayou Man" Bayou wrote in message
Hi,
I spent about 5 minutes looking for system requirements and couldn't find
them on the Office 2007 page. After being burned by the kludge Vista, I'm
sticking with 2003 for a while

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Bayou Man[_2_] Bayou Man[_2_] is offline

Well, I probably didn't take enough time to make myself clear. I didn't use
the search engine. My point is that system requirements should be easily
available on any promotional site, unless there is something to hide. When
deciding whether to demo a product, I should have to go to another site or
even page to see what is required to run the demo or the promoted product. I
wrote this thread because I noticed that I had lost interest before I learned
anything useful about Office 2007. ADHD notwithstanding, important
informationn should be easily found. That's what hyperlinks are for.

"JoAnn Paules" wrote:

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/pr...668651033.aspx

I have no clue what search terms you used but I punched in "office 2007
system requirements" in Google and it was the first hit.

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

"Bayou Man" Bayou wrote in message
Hi,
I spent about 5 minutes looking for system requirements and couldn't find
them on the Office 2007 page. After being burned by the kludge Vista, I'm
sticking with 2003 for a while

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

If you are on the Microsoft Office Home Page, click on the version of Office
you want, then right in the middle of the page there is a short blue menu
titled 'Get the details about Microsoft Office 2007 Professional' (or
whichever version you chose) and the fifth item down is System Requirements.

The requirements are very minimal but my advice is to quadruple everything
it says. So 2000MHz processor, 1GB memory, etc.

--
Terry Farrell - MS Word MVP

"JoAnn Paules" wrote:

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/pr...668651033.aspx

I have no clue what search terms you used but I punched in "office 2007
system requirements" in Google and it was the first hit.

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

"Bayou Man" Bayou wrote in message
Hi,
I spent about 5 minutes looking for system requirements and couldn't
find
them on the Office 2007 page. After being burned by the kludge Vista,
I'm
sticking with 2003 for a while

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

I have ADD and even if I hadn't used Google, I would have typed those same
terms in Microsoft's site and been able to find the info quickly enough.

I would do the same thing regardless of the site. I don't want to muddle
thru all of the pages wasting my time or dealing with teeny tiny print that
strains my aging eyes. If there's a search box available and I want data, I
use it. If there isn't a search box, then I use Google's site search
function.

Believe me, it only takes a flash of something to get me derailed in my
search, so if *I* can do it.............WOW! Did you see that big bird that
just flew past the window??

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~

"JoAnn Paules" wrote:

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/pr...668651033.aspx

I have no clue what search terms you used but I punched in "office 2007
system requirements" in Google and it was the first hit.

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

"Bayou Man" Bayou wrote in message
Hi,
I spent about 5 minutes looking for system requirements and couldn't
find
them on the Office 2007 page. After being burned by the kludge Vista,
I'm
sticking with 2003 for a while

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

JoAnn Paules wrote:

Believe me, it only takes a flash of something to get me derailed in
my search, so if *I* can do it.............WOW! Did you see that big
bird that just flew past the window??

Big Bird can fly?? How come I never knew that? ;-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

You saw that Big Bird has bird flu, did you? It was on the Google News front
page the other day.

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]