nancypennell

Default paragraph marks in endnotes

I have a lot of endnotes. A few of them have an "extra" paragraph mark
creating an extra space. I cannot delete these marks. Says "not a valid
action for endnotes". Help!
Daiya Mitchell

Try putting the cursor at the end of the note and backspacing them away
instead of select and delete. Usually works for me.

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/

Klaus Linke

Hi Nancy,

You can't delete the last paragraph mark in an endnote.

So there seem to be two possibilities:

-- There's a redundant paragraph mark at the end of the endnote. You =
can't delete the last, but maybe you can delete the paragraph mark right =
before the last?=20

-- If that didn't work, go before the paragraph mark you can't delete. =
Then right-click, and choose "Go to endnote". Perhaps you have deleted =
the endnote (including the reference) in the endnote area, but the =
corresponding endnote in the text still exists. In that case, you can =
delete that.

Regards,=20
Klaus

"nancypennell" wrote:
I have a lot of endnotes. A few of them have an "extra" paragraph =

mark=20
creating an extra space. I cannot delete these marks. Says "not a =

valid=20
action for endnotes". Help!

nancypennell

"Daiya Mitchell" wrote:

Try putting the cursor at the end of the note and backspacing them away
instead of select and delete. Usually works for me.

Yes, that usually works for me to except I couldn't put the cursor behind the note. Thanks.