Jamie S

Default Documents not on my computer not showing inserted pictures.

Hi - so I make my document which includes a lovely company logo (Insert -
Picture - From File). Then when I email it to someone else, that logo
doesn't show up (a placeholder with an X). It used to work fine with Office
2000, but now I have Office 2003. Anyone know how to resolve this?? Thanks,
Jamie S

CyberTaz

Problem *may* be on the other end... Have the recipient go to
ToolsOptionsView and make sure they have the correct setting to see
graphics. Wording may vary depending on their version of Word, but in 2000
unchech the box for Picture Placeholders.

HTH |:)

"Jamie S" wrote:

Hi - so I make my document which includes a lovely company logo (Insert -
Picture - From File). Then when I email it to someone else, that logo
doesn't show up (a placeholder with an X). It used to work fine with Office
2000, but now I have Office 2003. Anyone know how to resolve this?? Thanks,
Jamie S

Jamie S

Thanks for taking the time to answer guys.

Being a placeholder doesn't seem to be the issue, and no the picture isn't
inserted as a link.

What works fine: Viewing a picture I inserted in a file I'm viewing on my
computer.
The problem: Viewing the picture I inserted in a file on someone else's
computer.

So if I email someone a Word file, they won't see the graphic. I sent it to
the computer beside me, picture wasn't there, forwarded it back to my
computer and the picture was fine.

It's like Word 2003 isn't embedding them in the document, just using their
file reference.

Thanks again.

"Jamie S" wrote:

Hi - so I make my document which includes a lovely company logo (Insert -
Picture - From File). Then when I email it to someone else, that logo
doesn't show up (a placeholder with an X). It used to work fine with Office
2000, but now I have Office 2003. Anyone know how to resolve this?? Thanks,
Jamie S

Yes, but in your description you say, "It's like Word 2003 isn't embedding
them in the document, just using their file reference," which is the
definition of inserting a picture as a link. If the picture is In Line With
Text, press Alt+F9 and see whether you still see the picture or an
INCLUDEPICTURE field. (If the picture is wrapped, Alt+F9 will have no effect
even if it is linked unless you first make it inline.)

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Is the picture inserted as a link?

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Jamie S" Jamie wrote in message
Hi - so I make my document which includes a lovely company logo

(Insert -
Picture - From File). Then when I email it to someone else, that logo
doesn't show up (a placeholder with an X). It used to work fine with

Office
2000, but now I have Office 2003. Anyone know how to resolve this??

Thanks,
Jamie S

Jamie S

Hey Suzanne,

Thanks again for taking the time to answer.

I inserted a picture, made sure it was "In line with text" and then pressed
Alt+F9 and nothing happened.

What do you think??

Jamie S