Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ricky gregg

Default Problem: double clicking a doc opens Word, but not the doc !!

The same is NOT true of Excel; when I double click an xls file, it opens in
Excel, but when I go to My Documents and double click on a doc file, Word
opens without that document. Weird. Anyone ever seen this?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

How to re-register Word when problems crop up opening files
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/ReRegisterWord.htm

ricky gregg wrote:
The same is NOT true of Excel; when I double click an xls file, it
opens in Excel, but when I go to My Documents and double click on a
doc file, Word opens without that document. Weird. Anyone ever seen
this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Russ Russ is offline

We are running office 2007 and have this issue. happens in all office docs

Installing all updates does not help.
Uninstalling and reinstalling does not help.
winword /r doesn't help

any other ideas appreciated!
--
Russ

"ricky gregg" wrote:

The same is NOT true of Excel; when I double click an xls file, it opens in
Excel, but when I go to My Documents and double click on a doc file, Word
opens without that document. Weird. Anyone ever seen this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
EDC EDC is offline

Same problem here and nothing help. All other programs like outlook and
Excell open fine. Excell will open a file on a double click but Word will
not. it is only happening on one of 2 machine here but i need this fixed
ASAP. Anyone with any ideas?

"ricky gregg" wrote:

The same is NOT true of Excel; when I double click an xls file, it opens in
Excel, but when I go to My Documents and double click on a doc file, Word
opens without that document. Weird. Anyone ever seen this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
EDC EDC is offline

I also wanted to ensure all understand that Wood 2007 will open a file if you
open Word first. If you double click Woood lanches, but does not open the
desired file, you have to minimize Wood and double click again, then the file
will load slowly.

"ricky gregg" wrote:

The same is NOT true of Excel; when I double click an xls file, it opens in
Excel, but when I go to My Documents and double click on a doc file, Word
opens without that document. Weird. Anyone ever seen this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mike Faulkner Mike Faulkner is offline

Ricky

OS: Windows XP SP2
App: Office 2203 SP2

I am having the same problem with XLS & DOC files not opening when 'Double
Clicked'.

In Excel check that ToolsOptionsGeneral 'Ignore other Applications' is NOT
checked.

Please let me know if you have discovered a solution.

Regards
Mike

"ricky gregg" wrote:

The same is NOT true of Excel; when I double click an xls file, it opens in
Excel, but when I go to My Documents and double click on a doc file, Word
opens without that document. Weird. Anyone ever seen this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jeff Jeff is offline

Yes, but also in Word. It's seems to be related to Excelius and Crystal Reports

I found out the excel fix, but don't know how to fix WORD in a similar manner.

"ricky gregg" wrote:

The same is NOT true of Excel; when I double click an xls file, it opens in
Excel, but when I go to My Documents and double click on a doc file, Word
opens without that document. Weird. Anyone ever seen this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sydz Sydz is offline

Tonight I believe I found one solution. If you have " Windows Live"
installed and you don't need it, uninstall it. I have not tried to look for
a workaround but as soon as I uninstalled it the files opened every time by
double clicking. Perhaps one of you can find the workaround so that both
can be done. Let me know how it worked for you.