ken a

Default Mail Merge from Access

I use an Access 2000 database to gather data to use in a
mailmerge. I only want the data from one record at a time.
At present the user has to go into query in mailmerge
whilst in word (which has been called from Access) and
find the record then set a unique query (say surname) and
run the merge.
I am wanting to know if there may be a way to avoid this
query step. i.e. How do I send only the Access record
that I want to a data file and then run the mailmerge
using that data file as the source? The same data file
could be overwritten with the required record data each
time.
Which would be the most efficient?
Darryl Kerkeslager

"ken a" wrote
I use an Access 2000 database to gather data to use in a
mailmerge. I only want the data from one record at a time.
At present the user has to go into query in mailmerge
whilst in word (which has been called from Access) and
find the record then set a unique query (say surname) and
run the merge.
I am wanting to know if there may be a way to avoid this
query step. i.e. How do I send only the Access record
that I want to a data file and then run the mailmerge
using that data file as the source? The same data file
could be overwritten with the required record data each
time.
Which would be the most efficient?

This:

http://www.members.shaw.ca/AlbertKal...rge/page2.html