Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Do Do is offline

Default Conversion of a win.dat document to WORD 2003

When email is sent to me it comes as a WIN.DAT document. How can I convert
this to a WORD 2003 document
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You can't. You'll have to ask the sender to resend the email in
plain text format (instead of Outlook rich text format). See See
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/278061 "Winmail.dat attachments
are included in received e-mail messages in Outlook 2002 or in
Outlook 2003" and http://support.microsoft.com/kb/196784
"Additional file Winmail.dat is included in received messages
that are sent by Outlook 2000 (IMO)" for more information.