Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
nasibi nasibi is offline

Default Slow opening of files ( directly )

For some days when I double click to open my word files, they are open after
a delay of at least 20 second while if i open Word and then try to open word
files from inside Word program, it would be fast.
I have Microsoft OneCare, is it the cause of this delay?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
theanswerinc theanswerinc is offline

I had a similar problem, and found that the HP digital imaging monitor in the
system tray was to blame. Once I killed that (and removed it from my startup
menu) the problem went away.

Chris