Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Helen[_2_] Helen[_2_] is offline

Default print layout view has no top margin showing - version '03

Hi everyone,

I am using Word 2003, and I prefer to work in print layout view. All of a
sudden it has changed. The top margin of the page is no longer visible
onscreen. The cursor flashes at what looks onscreen to be the very top edge
of the page/paper. When I go into print preview, whatever I've typed in the
doc appears as it should, starting at the top margin. If I put something in
the header, from that point on, in that particular document, the top
margin/header becomes visible in Print Layout view. Is there a way to fix or
change this (maybe it's supposed to be like that in '03?)? Hopefully if I
can fix it, does anyone know how it may have happened, and how I might
prevent it happening again?

For what it's worth, I also have Word 2000 installed on this PC, and the
Print Layout view appears exactly as it should (or at least, how I'm used to
seeing it) in that version.

Thanks in advance,

Helen

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/WhiteSpace.htm

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Sat, 4 Aug 2007 13:31:25 +1000, "Helen"
wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

You've hidden the "white space" - in one of several possible ways. See the
following link for all you need to know:

http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/WhiteSpace.htm

HTH |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 8/3/07 11:31 PM, in article , "Helen"
wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Helen[_3_] Helen[_3_] is offline

Hi Bob and Jay,

Thanks so much, easily fixed :-) I appreciate you taking the time to reply.

regards,

Helen

.. .