Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
billybob billybob is offline

Default document attributes

Running windows Home XP

I have a folder of cooking recipes in my Word 2000 Documents that I would
like to copy. The files somehow got checked as "read only" (including the
directory folder itself). No matter how many times I change them from "read
only" (clearing the check mark), they are all still marked as "read only".
Is there a solution to this, please?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell[_2_] Terry Farrell[_2_] is offline

I expect that you have transferred them via a CDR at some time? CDRs are
always marked as read only because normally you can only read files from a
CD. You need to open Windows Explorer, Select the Folder, right-click and
select Properties and clear the Read Only attribute (make sure to check the
apply to all sub-solders too).

--
Terry Farrell - MS Word MVP

"billybob" wrote in message
Running windows Home XP

I have a folder of cooking recipes in my Word 2000 Documents that I would
like to copy. The files somehow got checked as "read only" (including the
directory folder itself). No matter how many times I change them from
"read
only" (clearing the check mark), they are all still marked as "read only".
Is there a solution to this, please?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
billybob billybob is offline

I did Terry, but it still would not let me make the change.

retain character attributes sdimuzio Microsoft Word Help 4 December 28th 07 05:10 PM
attributes hidden OB Microsoft Word Help 1 October 1st 07 11:36 AM
Attributes arizonagal Microsoft Word Help 1 June 7th 06 09:19 PM
Text Attributes Blue Lake Page Layout 2 February 9th 06 06:11 PM
Missing attributes XML document Jorge Microsoft Word Help 0 November 3rd 05 10:05 AM