Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
beautifull beautifull is offline

Default how do i head a " to whom it may concern' letter

how do i head a " to whom it may concern' letter
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

How about "To whom it may concern"?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"beautifull" wrote in message
how do i head a " to whom it may concern' letter

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

One AutoType that tried to insert itself recently (it must have been
in Word!) wanted to make it To Whom It May Concern, which isn't right,
but since that wasn't what I was trying to write, it didn't bother me.

On May 1, 8:11*am, "JoAnn Paules" wrote:
How about "To whom it may concern"?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"beautifull" wrote in message

how do i head a " to whom it may concern' letter- Hide quoted text -

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

The obsessive capitalization.

On May 1, 2:24*pm, "Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:
What isn't right about it?

"grammatim" wrote in message

One AutoType that tried to insert itself recently (it must have been
in Word!) wanted to make it To Whom It May Concern, which isn't right,
but since that wasn't what I was trying to write, it didn't bother me.

On May 1, 8:11 am, "JoAnn Paules" wrote:

How about "To whom it may concern"?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"beautifull" wrote in message

how do i head a " to whom it may concern' letter-

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

"Sir" and "Madam" are single nouns that designate the specific
individual reading the letter. "Whom it may concern" is a clause
designating any number of readers, so uncapitalized on two grounds.