Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
databird databird is offline

Default justified text & table text wrapping

Basically... how can I make Word do Justified text without making some of the
lines being ugly? For example, if one of the lines consists of only 2 or 3
words, it will literally put one word at extreme left, another in the middle,
and the other at the extreme right. Is there not a way to tell it to be
"reasonable", as in putting them all neatly to the left if there is so little
words in a given line?

Also... I can't seem to insert a Table and wrap the text around it without
severely messing up the paragraph. Closest I've got is to Insert the table
(1x1), place my photo in it (with the description... Figure 1. blablabla),
and then click the arrow thing at the top-left of the table when it is
selected. This makes it positionable, and I "drag" it to where I want.
Unfortunately, it always creates a space where the table was originally
created, and when I attempt to delete this space, it for some reason thinks
this space is part of the table. In other words... upon selecting the space,
it also selected the entire table, regardless of where the table is in the
document (it could be moved to the very beginning or end of the document, far
away from this "space", yet I can't remove the space since
deleting/backspacing it would simply delete the selected table along with it).

Argh! Someone please help!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Generally, it's best not to justify very narrow columns for this reason.
Judicious use of hyphenation (manual) can alleviate the situation. You can
also adjust the hyphenation zone if you're using automatic hyphenation.