Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
J R Oakley J R Oakley is offline

Default Background Images in "Save As PDF" output

I've tracked this down more precisely

If I choose a size that is very close to Letter, Word allows me to put my
custom size in the dialog box, and the custom size is what I get. But the
dropdown says "Letter".

When I choose a size that is different enough to Letter (for example, making
the page a centimetre longer than Letter, with the width unchanged). I still
get my custom size, but the dropdown says "Custom Size".

In the latter case, when I "Save As PDF", I get no white stripe.

Bizarrely, if I actually use Letter, no custom sizes involved, I still get
the white stripe.

Can anyone reproduce this?

"J R Oakley" wrote:

I have a document with a blue page color. I'm then trying to use the "Save as
PDF" option in Word 2007. The document is slightly larger than Letter Size
(to allow for bleed), so I've tried saving to PDF at my custom size, and also
at Letter Size.

The resulting PDF file is the correct size - either Letter or slightly
bigger. But the blue background doesn't cover the whole page. I have a white
strip (roughly 1cm wide) down the right hand side of the page. The blue goes
right to the edge for the left, top and bottom edges, so it's just the right
hand edge that's wrong. Any ideas anyone?