Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout,microsoft.public.word.general
bobbo bobbo is offline

Default Can I have two pages on screen for writing?

I have a widescreen monitor, lots of space horizontally. Is it possible to
split Word such that I have two pages on screen (horizontally)? For example,
I start writing on page one (on the left) and as I fill it up, cursor goes
to the top of page two (on the right), thus I can see the context of the

Is that possible? I am still using Word 2000 but will upgrade if that would
make the difference.

TIA

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout,microsoft.public.word.general
PeterMcC PeterMcC is offline

bobbo wrote in

I have a widescreen monitor, lots of space horizontally. Is it
possible to split Word such that I have two pages on screen
(horizontally)? For example, I start writing on page one (on the
left) and as I fill it up, cursor goes to the top of page two (on the
right), thus I can see the context of the previous page on screen
while writing the next page.

Is that possible? I am still using Word 2000 but will upgrade if
that would make the difference.

I'm not sure if I've understood but...

I'm assuming that you're using "Print view".

If you set the zoom to an appropriate level - one that would allow two pages
side-by-side - it should give you what you've described.

It might just be that you've experimented and seen only the one page and
thought that this wasn't working but Word will only show you one page if you
haven't got on to the second page. Try opening a multi-page doc with the
zoom at say 75% and see what happens or open a "New" doc and put in a page
break.

'pologies if the last para offends your technical sensibilities but it's
worth mentioning.

--
PeterMcC
inappropriate or offensive in any way,

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout,microsoft.public.word.general
bobbo bobbo is offline

"PeterMcC" wrote in message
bobbo wrote in

[...]

Oh, so that's what Print Layout View is for, eh? Shows you the print
layout. Go figure. Just kidding! Yup, that does the trick perfectly!
I am so used to working in Normal View, I didn't even think of clicking the
Print Layout View. Sweet. 75% works great and I can see the previous
page's text as I write into the next page, etc. You just helped me justify
having purchased a wide screen monitor.

Bob

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
sigr sigr is offline

"bobbo" wrote:

"PeterMcC" wrote in message
bobbo wrote in

[...]

For even more fun -
Use your word window in normal fashion (View Normal) and click on Window-New
Window. Adjust the two windows so you can see both and size them
appropriately.
Set the second window to View Print and Two pages.
Now you can work in Normal mode, with large enough type to see comfortably
and watch you pages change in small type so you can see the whole page. I
have a whole slew of macros for navigation, two of which a

Alt-p: Switches window, pages up, switches back
Alt-/: Switches window, pages down, switches back

So I can type away in my main window and page the other window up and down
without taking my fingers off the keyboard.

Sig R.