Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Walter Blanchard Walter Blanchard is offline

Default Word 2007 envelopes

I'm not sure where to post this. In Word 2003, the envelope print options
included a Point of Delivery bar code. I can't find it in Word 2007. Has
that option been removed, or am I not looking in the right place?

--

______________________________

Walter B
waltblanch[at]tampabay[dot]rr[dot]com
______________________________

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

It has been removed from that dialog as the barcode does not meet US postal
service requirements. You can still add a barcode field to your envelope if
you must, though this could delay the delivery of the mail.

Walter Blanchard wrote:
I'm not sure where to post this. In Word 2003, the envelope print
options included a Point of Delivery bar code. I can't find it in
Word 2007. Has that option been removed, or am I not looking in the
right place?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Walter Blanchard Walter Blanchard is offline

Thanks, Graham. It seems that MS took the easy way out: remove it rather
than make it meet USPS requirements.

--

______________________________

Walter Blanchard wrote:
I'm not sure where to post this. In Word 2003, the envelope print
options included a Point of Delivery bar code. I can't find it in
Word 2007. Has that option been removed, or am I not looking in the
right place?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Walter Blanchard Walter Blanchard is offline

Mea Culpa! I didn't realize the codes were for bulk mailing. Thanks for
the reference.

--