Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
seabeesweetie seabeesweetie is offline

Default Microsoft Word Document Section Breaks and Headers

I am currently working on a document in word, and would like to know if
anyone can help. At work, we are making document templates in word. The
first five pages are the template. We put a section break at the end so at
the top of the template, it will contain the document number in the header.
On the following page, it has another header. When the section break is
deleted, both of the headers and the footers are deleted. On the document,
the second header is the one we would like to keep (after the first five
pages are deleted). I would be happy to email a copy of the document if you
would like to take a look. Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Seabee Sweetie

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Anne Troy[_2_] Anne Troy[_2_] is offline

Hm. I used to be a seabeesweetie, but that was a LONG time ago.
Headers and footers are "stored" in the section break that follows it.
See if this article helps:
http://www.officearticles.com/word/u...osoft_word.htm
Hope it helps!
Anne Troy