Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cleaning up his mess ...

Default How do I remove brackets at top on both sides of screen?

My boss has done something in Word and now large brackets appear at the top
of his screen on the right and left side:

[
]

These do not print.

How do I remove?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz

It sounds like a Bookmark has been created, based on what you describe.

If you _don't_ need the Bookmark, open the file & go to InsertBookmark...,
select the bookmark & click Delete.

If you _do_ need the Bookmark but just don't want it to show on screen (it
doesn't print), go to ToolsOptionsView, remove the check for Bookmarks.

HTH |:)