Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
luv2bike2 luv2bike2 is offline

Default Tools/Reference

I just installed Office 2003 Pro version on an XP system SP3, as
administrator for a user. When I go in as administrator in to Word, and go
to Tools, Reference I can see All Reference Books, (encarta, thesaurus etc)
all research sites and all business and financial sites, however when the
user logs in all he gets is all reference books and thesaurus: English and
Transation comes up underneath the all reference books. the all research
sites and all business and financial sites do not show up.

Any idea as to why as admin i can see these but as a regular user he can
not? i added him to the administrators group on the computer and checked and
it did not change anything, still get the same results.
I was thinking of uninstalling and reinstalling office but figured before i
go through all that i would check to see if anyone can shed some light on
this.

--
Thank you,

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
luv2bike2 luv2bike2 is offline

the reason why my user could not see everything that i could see was because
we have Wingate GateKeeper as our monitoring software/access to the internet.
Since the Dictionary goes out to the internet, and the user is not allow to
go to the internet he was blocked.

now my question is:
Can anyone tell me what the website to the Encarta Dictionary:English (North
America) is that is linked to MS Office? or any part of that so that i can
put that in the policy.

I did a search for Encarta Dictionary: English (North America) and found MSN
Dictionary, placed that website in the policy, apparently it is not the web
site.
--
Thank you,