Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
chequer chequer is offline

Default Mail Merge

Word 2003 €“ Windows XP Pro SP3
How can I remove a command, ie Mail Merge, from the Tools drop down menu?

--
chequer
When the game is over, the King and the pawn share the same box.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
macropod[_2_] macropod[_2_] is offline

Hi chequer,

Unless you want to re-program Word's menu structure, you can't.

--
Cheers
macropod

"chequer" wrote in message ...
Word 2003 €“ Windows XP Pro SP3
How can I remove a command, ie Mail Merge, from the Tools drop down menu?

--
chequer
When the game is over, the King and the pawn share the same box.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Could http://www.gmayor.com/multiple_mail_merge_entries.htm be your problem?

chequer wrote:
Word 2003 - Windows XP Pro SP3
How can I remove a command, ie Mail Merge, from the Tools drop down
menu?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
TonyK TonyK is offline

Hi chequer
This is possible. However before youo do so I would suggest you take a
backup copy of your template first. Then follow the instructions below:
1. Right click on the Tools Menu.
2. Left Click on Customize at the bottom of the the pull down menu.
3. Left Click on the Tools Menu.
4. Left Click on the Letters and Mailings option.
5. Left Click and hold on the Mail Merge option on the sub menu and then
just drag it off the menu. This will remove it from the menu and will no
longer display in that menu.

Please bear in miknd that this will only affect the current template unless
you are running a template from a server.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards

TK_Hussar
--
TonyK

"chequer" wrote:

Word 2003 €“ Windows XP Pro SP3
How can I remove a command, ie Mail Merge, from the Tools drop down menu?

--
chequer
When the game is over, the King and the pawn share the same box.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
chequer chequer is offline

Thanks macropod,Graham Mayor, and TonyK for your replies.
NB. TonyK, I couldn't drag it off the Tools menu.

I was trying to find out how to include a logo on a envelope using Letters
and Mailings/Envelopes and Labels.
I succeeded in getting Mail Merge on the Tools menu, but when I clicked on
it, and the Create option came up it looked too complicated for me so I
decided not to try it.
Incidently, beside Mail Merge being on the Tools menu, it is also in
Letters and Mailings.
The Create option can only bring up 'Create' if it is selected from the
Tools menu option .
Selecting it from 'Letters and Mailings' does nothing.

I will leave Mail Merge in the Tools menu but just ignore it.
--

"chequer" wrote:

Word 2003 €“ Windows XP Pro SP3
How can I remove a command, ie Mail Merge, from the Tools drop down menu?

--
chequer
When the game is over, the King and the pawn share the same box.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

For your envelope issue - see
http://www.gmayor.com/Alternative_Return_Addresses.htm