Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
G N Tuck G N Tuck is offline

Default Word XP job application

I recieved a job application in Word format. It has fields that can be typed
into for name, address, etc. When I type into any of the fields, the text
appears red and a box appears in the right margin that says "Deleted:". I
called the potential employer and they said to print it and fill it out by
hand. I'd like to impress them with my problem solving skills, I would
definitely give this site credit for the fix.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
finalword finalword is offline

It sounds like Track Changes is turned on and the Form is not locked.

At the bottom of the Word window, on the Status bar, look for a little TRK.
If it appears Black (not greyed out), double click it so that it becomes
greyed out. This will turn off the Track Changes

To lock the form, right click on any toolbar and select Forms. This will
open the Forms toolbar. Click the little padlock button on the far Right
side, so that it looks like it is depressed.

Now you should be able to type in the form itself.