Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Lupe Lupe is offline

Default Nested if and includetext

Hi,
Most probably this has a simple solution, but at the moment I cannot seem to
find it.
I have a master file wich reads text from another file based on several
conditions.
One of those fields has 5 or more options that can be filled in, but only
need to have a specific text, all the other options should have the same
text. So it's an IF THEN ELSE statement.
I have: If mergefield personalia is "Civil Registry", includetext text1, if
mergefield personalia is "company badge" includetext text2, all other options
includetext text3.
Thanks, Lupe
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

{ IF { MERGEFIELD personalia } = "Civil Registry" { INCLUDETEXT
"drive:\\path\\text1.doc" } { IF { MERGEFIELD Personalia } = "company badge"
{ INCLUDETEXT "drive:\\path\\text2.doc" } { INCLUDETEXT
"drive:\\path\\text3.doc" } } }

You must use Ctrl + F9 to insert each pair of field delimiters { } and you
will need to adjust the INCLUDETEXT fields shown above so that the actually
point to the required text.
--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Lupe" wrote in message
Hi,
Most probably this has a simple solution, but at the moment I cannot seem
find it.
I have a master file wich reads text from another file based on several
conditions.
One of those fields has 5 or more options that can be filled in, but only
need to have a specific text, all the other options should have the same
text. So it's an IF THEN ELSE statement.
I have: If mergefield personalia is "Civil Registry", includetext text1,
if
mergefield personalia is "company badge" includetext text2, all other
options
includetext text3.
Thanks, Lupe

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Lupe Lupe is offline

Doug, Many Thanks!
I figured it out via Word merge field IF THEN ELSE, but the other way around
(I used "civil..etc.), but this is much easier.
Lupe

"Lupe" wrote in message
Hi,
Most probably this has a simple solution, but at the moment I cannot seem
find it.
I have a master file wich reads text from another file based on several
conditions.
One of those fields has 5 or more options that can be filled in, but only
need to have a specific text, all the other options should have the same
text. So it's an IF THEN ELSE statement.
I have: If mergefield personalia is "Civil Registry", includetext text1,
if
mergefield personalia is "company badge" includetext text2, all other
options
includetext text3.
Thanks, Lupe

Help with Nested Fields Jules Microsoft Word Help 12 May 8th 07 12:14 PM
Help! Nested IF Steve Microsoft Word Help 1 April 9th 05 12:54 AM
nested if then else Vaughn Microsoft Word Help 12 March 19th 05 07:40 AM
Help with nested tables Anasazi Tables 2 March 18th 05 04:42 AM
Nested If vobonyo Mailmerge 2 March 11th 05 06:11 PM