Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
sol sol is offline

Default Problem useing Mail Merge with Word 2003 and access 2002

I am still using access 2002 but installed Word 2003.
Now I have problem to load the mail list from the old Access2002, it seems
the old Access is using DDC but new system is using ODBC.

I have heard that this is a known problem by Microsoft and solution was
already found, but I can't find it onsite, anyone can help me to solve this
problem please?

Thanks and Regards,
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

From the Tools menu in Word, select Options and then go to the General tab
and check the box against the "Confirm conversions at open" item. Then when
you attach the data source to the mail merge main document, you will be
given the option of using the DDE method of connection.

sol wrote:
I am still using access 2002 but installed Word 2003.
Now I have problem to load the mail list from the old Access2002, it
seems the old Access is using DDC but new system is using ODBC.

I have heard that this is a known problem by Microsoft and solution
was already found, but I can't find it onsite, anyone can help me to
solve this problem please?

Thanks and Regards,

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
sol sol is offline

great! thanks a lot for reply, I will try it.

Thanks and Regards, Sol

From the Tools menu in Word, select Options and then go to the General tab