Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
LossManiac LossManiac is offline

Default Restart numbering after change in heading

When using numbered paragraphs in word 5 whenever a new heading is inserted
the paragraph numbering re-started from 1 but since that version of Word the
default setting is for paragraph numbering to be continueous.

I write a lot of procedures and it is not acceptable for paragraph numbers
to change if I insert a new paragraph under an earlier heading.

How can make word use resart as a default each time I start a new heading?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

You haven't told us which version of Word you are using now, but general
instructions on restarting numbered paragraphs can be found he
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/numbering/...artMethods.htm.

Alternatively, you can use SEQ fields instead of paragraph numbering.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP