David

Default mail merge images

I am currently workign with documents that use mail merge to merge data and
image files. When merging an image file you have to either select all and
press f9 to update the fields or there is an option to update fields when
printing. This works well enough, but I am printing about 200 of these at a
time. The 'update fields' option is unavailable when using 'merge to
printer'. Does anyone know of a way to update fields while merging to
printer?

Doug Robbins

The Update Fields option can be set to apply globally under
ToolsOptionsPrint.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"David" wrote in message
Anybody?

"David" wrote:

I am currently workign with documents that use mail merge to merge data
and
image files. When merging an image file you have to either select all
and
press f9 to update the fields or there is an option to update fields when
printing. This works well enough, but I am printing about 200 of these
at a
time. The 'update fields' option is unavailable when using 'merge to
printer'. Does anyone know of a way to update fields while merging to
printer?

David

I have tried that and it does not work. It is wierd that this global setting
does not work when merging to the printer. Seems to me that would be a
logical function of that setting. Any other ideas?

"Doug Robbins" wrote:

The Update Fields option can be set to apply globally under
ToolsOptionsPrint.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"David" wrote in message
Anybody?

"David" wrote:

I am currently workign with documents that use mail merge to merge
data
and
image files. When merging an image file you have to either select all
and
press f9 to update the fields or there is an option to update fields
when
printing. This works well enough, but I am printing about 200 of
these
at a
time. The 'update fields' option is unavailable when using 'merge to
printer'. Does anyone know of a way to update fields while merging to
printer?

David

Doug, I solved my problem. Turns out the issue was not updating my field
data but updating linked data since the images are different files. So I had
to check the 'update links' option under tool/options/print. I never knew
what that check box did but I did some reading and found out...

Thanks for your help.

"Doug Robbins" wrote:

The Update Fields option can be set to apply globally under
ToolsOptionsPrint.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.