Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tor Inge Rislaa

Default Shared Template

I want to use Shared Template to organize the company template on a network
drive. When users work within the network I want only the Shared Templates
to bee available in the dialog under "new office document". The question is
therefore how to avoid user template to appear in the same dialogbox, when
creating a new document.

TIRislaa

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cooz

Hi TIRislaa,

Force the user template path to a location that does not have any templates,
by means of a log-on script.

Good luck,
Cooz
--
PS: If this is a satisfying answer to your question and you're logged in via
the Microsoft site, please click Yes to "Did this post answer the question?".

"Tor Inge Rislaa" wrote:

I want to use Shared Template to organize the company template on a network
drive. When users work within the network I want only the Shared Templates
to bee available in the dialog under "new office document". The question is
therefore how to avoid user template to appear in the same dialogbox, when
creating a new document.

TIRislaa

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Charles Kenyon

This is going to create a normal.dot at that point.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"Tor Inge Rislaa" wrote:

I want to use Shared Template to organize the company template on a
network
drive. When users work within the network I want only the Shared
Templates
to bee available in the dialog under "new office document". The question
is
therefore how to avoid user template to appear in the same dialogbox,
when
creating a new document.

TIRislaa

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Charles Kenyon

There are workgroup templates intended for this. You should not attempt to
control normal.dot, but rather to draw people to your templates. Have
templates that do what people want to do, and they'll use them.

http://addbalance.com/usersguide/templates.htm

You can set up menus or other methods that make it even easier to access
your templates if you want. http://addbalance.com/word/templatesmenu.htm

How Come? Michael Koerner Mailmerge 9 February 10th 06 10:29 PM
Global/Master Template [email protected] New Users 1 October 27th 05 03:34 PM
MS Word should support inheritence with regard to templates Ian Microsoft Word Help 3 October 6th 05 05:21 PM
CPU Usage When Working with Templates you created KM1 Microsoft Word Help 3 May 21st 05 11:57 PM
Moving templates to other computer GeorgeMar Microsoft Word Help 10 February 19th 05 04:59 AM